Name: Li Jin
|Education & Professional Experience||
1994-1996, MD., Major: Oncology and Immunology, Second Military Medical University.
1986-1989, MS, Major: Gynecologic Oncology, Second Military Medical University.
1977-1982, BS, Major: Medicine, Nanjing Railway Medical College.
2003-Precent: Professor and Director of the Department of Medical Oncology,
Fudan University Cancer Hospital
Head, Clinical Study Unit of Fudan Cancer Hospital
2000-2002: Post-Doc and visiting scientist in Yale Medical School.
1997-1999: Associate professor in the Department of Oncology,
Shanghai Changhai Hospital.
1989-1993: Attending and Lecturer in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
Shanghai Changhai Hospital.
1982-1986: Resident in Xichang Railway Hospital in Sichuan Province.
•Investigated tissue tolerance to pelvic intraaterial chemoembolizaation with cisplatin-lipiodol suspension in rabbits and found that tissue retention of platinum was linearly related to the dosage of lipiodol during the study of the pelvic chemoembolization for pelvic cancers.
• Observed only slight degeneration (a single dose of 0.2ml/kg lipiodol) and sparse hemorrhage without necrosis.
•Investigated the synergistic effects of chemical drugs and TNF, IFN by using three ovarian cancer cell lines and the nude mice model to assess the synergistic effect of TNF, IFN and chemotherapeutic drugs, and concluded that
1) NIH: OVCAR-3 and 3AO cells were resistant to the individual treatment with TNF
2) Epirubicin and TNF were two major cytotoxic agents to NIH: OVCAR-3. All three ovarian cancer cells were susceptible to combined use of epirubicin, 5-Fu, TNF and IFN.
3) The experiments with nude mice also indicated significant synergistic effects of TNF, IFN and chemical drugs.
•Constructed an ICE expressed retrovirus vector to investigate the effects of ICE gene on the biologic characteristics of ovarian cancer cells.
• Demonstrated that human ICE gene can suppress the phenotype and tumorigenicity in nude mice of ovarian cancer cells and the sensitivity to TNF and chemical drugs was increased in ICE expressed cancer cells.
• Studying different time and dose of tumor antigen pulsed murine dendritic cells induced different anti-tumor immunity in vivo.
• Investigating the activity of DCs pulsed with TAA supported by Chinese Science Foundation.
(a) tumor biotherapy and target agents
(b) tumor immunotherapy and tumor vaccine
(c) chemotherapy of digestive system neoplasms especially gastrointestinal cancers
1. Li J, Kong XT,Qian Qijun.The construction of ICE expressed retrovirus vector and its effects of ovarian cancer cells. Chung.Hua. Fu. Chan. Ko.Tsa.Chih . 34(2):113;1999. (China)
2. Li J, Kong XT,Qian Qijun.The effects of TNF on ICE expressed ovarian cancer cells. International J Biother of Cancer 2(2):186;1999(France)
3. Li J, Zhao YN. Superoxide anion detected directly from TNF-treated cancer cells. Acadmic J. PLA . 19(1):51;1998. ( China )
4.Hui N, Li J, Rong L.The effects of TNF, IFN, and chemical drugs on the microstructure of cancer cells.J. Med. Coll.PLA 19(3):253;1998.(China)
5.Li J, Kong XT, Qian QJ. ICE induced apoptosis in cancer cells. Chong Guo Zhong liu Shen Wu Zhi Liao Tsa Chih. 3(4):307;1996. (China)
6.Li J, Hui N, Zhu LX. Synergy of TNF and IFN with chemicals ( Epirubicin, 5Fu and Carboplatin). Chung. Hua. Chong. Liu. Tsa. Chih. 17(6):429;1995.(China)
7. Song YF, Zhao YN, Li J. The activities of LAK cells induced from cord blood after short-term exposure to high dose of IL-2. Chung. Hua. Fu.Chan.Ko. Tsa.Chih. 29(6):332;1994.(China)
8.Li J, Liu YL, Sha JY. Synergistic effect of interferon and tumor necrosis factor on ovarian cancer cell lines. Chung. Hua.Fu.Chan. Ko. Tsa.Chih 29(11): 670;1993. (China)
9. Li J, Zhao YN, Miao ZJ. Tissue tolerance to pelvic intraarterial chemoembolization with cisplatin lipiodol suspension. Gynecol Oncol. 50:10-14;1993. (United States)
10. Li J, Zhao YN, Miao ZJ. Study on tissue tolerance to pelvic intraarterial chemoembolization. Chung. Hua. Fu. Chan.Ko.Tsa. Chih.28 (1): 41-43 ;1993.(China)
11. Li J, Hu HY, Zhao YN. Angiotensin converting enzyme activity in pregnancy induced hypertension. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 33 (3): 138-141;1992. (Switzerland)
12. Li J, Hu HY, Zhao YN. Activity of serum angiotensin converting enzyme in pregnancy induced hypertension. Chung.Hua.Fu.Chan. Ko. Tsa.Chih.26(1):9-11;1991.(China)
13. Zhao YN, Chen YM, Li J. Microwave hyperthermia in patients with excessive uterine bleeding. Acad J Secon Milit Med Coll. 5(5): 435 -439;1990(China)
14. Li J, Hu HY, Zhao YN. The influence of normotensive pregnancy on serum angiotensin converting enzyme activity. J. Med. Coll.PLA. 5(1) :84;1990. (China)
15. Li J. Apnea caused by traction of peritoneum. Railway Med. 14 (4):1986.(China)
16. Li J. molecular targeting therapy for colorectal cancer. Chinese journal of cancer. 2004，13（5）：448－452 (China)
17.Li J, Wang kun, xu zhongrui. Analysis of studies of Erlotinib for treating NSCLC. Evidence based medicine. 2004，4（4）199－202(China)
18.Li Jin, Yin Sun, Alan Garen. Immunization and immunotherapy for cancers involving infection by a human papillomavirus in a mouse mode. PNAS, 99(25):16232–16236;2002.(USA)
19. Li Jin, Yin Sun ,Masako Chen,et al. Anti-tumor effects of mfVII-SEA in mice. Chineses Journal of Oncology.27(8):471-474(China)
20. Li Jin, Zuo Yun Xia, Chen Zhi Yu. Survival analysis of 92 cases of advanced colorectal cancer in Chinese population。Clinical Oncology 2005，10（6）23-26(China)
21. Li Jin, Zhang Wen,Chen Zhi Yu.The development of chemotherapy for recurrent colorectal cancer. Practical Oncology. 2005，20（6）472-475. (China)
22.Wang Jia Lei, Hong Xiao Nan,Tang Wei Yu, Guo Ye, Li Jin*. Retrospective case series of gemcitabine plus cisplatin in the treatment of recurrent and metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma” to International Journal of Oncology。Chineses Journal of Oncology, 2005,27(9):567-569.(China)
23.Hu Xi Chun, Guo Hai Yi, Zhao Xin Ming, Wang Zhong Hua, Yang Xin Miao, Liu Xiang Jing, Li Jin. Treating refractory brest cancer with mitomysin and cisplatinum. Clinical Oncology 2006; 11(8):594-597. (China)
24. Li Jin. Current progress of chemotherapy in recurrent colorectal cancer. BMJ China 2006，9：s：71-76(China)
25.Li Jin. Aplication of CPT-11 combine C225 in recurrent colorectal cancer. Chineses Journal of Oncology, 2006,28(10):796-797(China)
26.Biyun Wang, Jiade J Lu, Xuejun Ma, Ye Guo, Hongfen Lu, Xiaonan Hong, Jin Li*. Combined chemotherapy and external beam radiation for stage IE and IIE natural killer T-cell lymphoma of nasal cavity. Leukemia and Lymphoma, 48(2):396-402: 2007.(UK)
27. Yu H, Hong XN, Li J, Peng LP, Ye L. [Prognostic factors of invasive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma] Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2007 Jun;29(6):461-3. (China).
28. Guo Y, Lu JJ, Ma X, Wang B, Hong X, Li X, Li J* Combined chemoradiation for the management of nasal natural killer (NK)/T-cell lymphoma: Elucidating the significance of systemic chemotherapy. Oral Oncol. 2008 Jan;44(1):23-30
29. Jun Cao ; Yunxia ZUO ; Fangfang Lv ; Zhiyu Chen ; Jin Li .* Primary Small Intestinal Malignant Tumors- Survival analysis of 48 postoperative patients. J Clin Gastroenterol, 2008 Feb；42（2）：167-173.（USA）
30. Guo HY, Zhao XM, Li J, Hu XC. Primary non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma of the breast: eight-year follow-up experience. Int J Hematol 2008.
31. Wang B, Zhang W, Hong X, Guo Y, Li J*. Phase I dose-escalating study of 24-h continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil in combination with weekly docetaxel and cisplatin in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 63：2 (2009), 213.
32. Wang J, Li J*, Hong X, Tang W, Hu X, Wang B, Gu Y. Retrospective case series of gemcitabine plus cisplatin in the treatment of recurrent and metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2008： 44, 464– 470
33. Wu X, Li Z, Yao M, Wang H, Qu S, Chen X, Li J, Sun Y, Xu Y, Gu J. Identification and characterization of a novel peptide ligand of Tie2 for targeting gene therapy. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008 Mar;40(3):217-25.
34. Yang X, Cai Y, Zhao X, Wang Z, Hong X, Shen Z, Ou Z, Li J, Hu X. Biweekly docetaxel-containing chemotherapy may be the optimal schedule. Anti-Cancer Drugs. 2008;19(4):421-426.
35. Guo HY, Cai Y, Yang XM, Wang ZH, Wang JL, Zhao XM, Li J, Hu XC.Randomized phase II trial on mitomycin-C/cisplatin +/- KLT in heavily pretreated advanced breast cancer.Am J Chin Med. 2008;36(4):665-74.
36. Li J*, Yin J, Zhu X, Liu Y, Cao J, Lu F, Zuo Y. Phase I dose-escalating study of S-1 in combination with oxaliplatin for patients with advanced and/or metastatic colorectal cancer. Anticancer Drugs. 2008 Aug;19(7):745-8.
37.Lei N, Shen FB, Chang JH, Wang L, Li H, Yang C, Li J*, Yu DC.An oncolytic adenovirus expressing granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor shows improved specificity and efficacy for treating human solid tumors.Cancer Gene Ther. 2009;16(1):33-43.
38.Chang J, Zhao X, Wu X, Guo Y, Guo H, Cao J, Guo Y, Lou D, Yu D, Li J*. A Phase I study of KH901, a conditionally replicating granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor: armed oncolytic adenovirus for the treatment of head and neck cancers. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009 Apr;8(8):676-82.
39. Gui XH, Qiu LX, Zhang HF, Zhang DP, Zhong WZ, Li J*, Xiao YL.MDM2 309 T/G polymorphism is associated with lung cancer risk among Asians. Eur J Cancer. 2009 Mar 3.
40. Qiu LX, Shi J, Yuan H, Jiang X, Xue K, Pan HF, Li J*, Zheng MH.FAS -1,377 G/A polymorphism is associated with cancer susceptibility: evidence from 10,564 cases and 12,075 controls.Hum Genet. 2009 May;125(4):431-5.
41.Qiu LX, Chen B, Mao C, Zhan P, Yuan H, Xue K, Li J*, Hu XC. STK15 F31I polymorphism is associated with breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis involving 25,014 subjects.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009 Oct 13. 118(3):599-603.
42. Chen Mao • Li-Xin Qiu • Ping Zhan • Kai Xue •Hong Ding • Fang-Bing Du • Jin Li • Qing Chen MnSOD Val16Ala polymorphism and prostate cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis involving 8,962 Subjects. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol (2010) 136:975–979
43.Li-Xin Qiu , Chen Mao , Jian Zhang , Xiao-Dong Zhu, Ru-Yan Liao, Kai Xue , Jin Li, Qing Chen Predictive and prognostic value of KRAS mutations in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with cetuximab: A meta-analysis of 22 studies EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CANCER 46(2010)2781-2787
44. Zuo Yunxia, Cao Jun, Zhu Guanshan, Lu Yachao, Zhou Xueke, Li Jin* Mutations in epidermal growth factor receptor and K-ras in Chinese patients with colorectal cancer. BMC Medical Genetics 2010, 11:34
45. Shu Tian , Shenglin Huang , Shunquan Wu, Weijian Guo, Jin Li *, Xianghuo He MicroRNA-1285 inhibits the expression of p53 by directly targeting its 30 untranslated region Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 396 (2010) 435–439
46. Jin Li*, Xinmin Zhao, Lei Chen, Haiyi Guo, Fangfang Lv, Ka Jia, Ke Yv, Fengqing Wang, Chuan Li, Jun Qian, Chunlei Zheng, Yunxia Zuo. Safety and pharmacokinetics of novel selective vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 inhibitor YN968D1 in patients with advanced malignancies, BMC Cancer 2010, 10:529
47. Liu X, Guo WJ, Zhang XW, Cai X, Tian S, Li J.Cetuximab enhances the activities of irinotecan on gastric cancer cell lines through downregulating the EGFR pathway upregulated by irinotecan.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2011 Oct;68(4):871-8. Epub 2011 Feb 1.
48. Qiu LX, Wang K, Lv FF, Chen ZY, Liu X, Zheng CL, Li WH, Zhu XD, Guo WJ, Li J.GSTM1 null allele is a risk factor for gastric cancer development in Asians.Cytokine. 2011 Jul;55(1):122-5. Epub 2011 Apr 6.
49. Tian S, Quan H, Xie C, Guo H, Lü F, Xu Y, Li J, Lou L.YN968D1 is a novel and selective inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 tyrosine kinase with potent activity in vitro and in vivo.Cancer Sci. 2011 Jul;102(7):1374-80. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2011.01939.x. Epub 2011 May 9.
50. Luo Z, Chang J, Guo Y, Yu H, Lu F, Wu X, Li J.Continuous infusion of 5-FU with split-dose cisplatin: an effective treatment for advanced squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Clin Invest Med. 2011 Feb 1;34(1):E8-13
51. Li J, Liu Y, Qian J, Wu L, Kemp J, Nii M, Tomkinson H, Zuo Y, Ranson M, Usami M. Single- and multiple-dose pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of zibotentan (ZD4054) in Chinese men with advanced solid tumors Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2012 May 22. [Epub ahead of print]
1. current Secretary General of CSCO
2. Head of Chemotherapy Quality Control Center in Shanghai